Monday, April 5, 2010

We just got back from a fun day in Boston. I surprised my husband with a private tour of the Boston Fire Museum. He only knew we were going to Boston. I gave the cabbie the address and prayed he knew where he was going-I didn't want to give the surprise away just yet. As we pulled up in front of the museum, my husband laughed-he revealed later that he thought we were going to see the USS Constitution-saving that for another day. While we were going thru the tour, a call came in! Just our luck! It ended up being a 2 alarm fire in the Chinatown section of Boston. We went over with one of the tour guides and hung around til the show was over. I have to admit that it was very exciting for me. My husband laughed when I told him that-hey, it's not everyday I get to see a working fire in progress. No one was hurt, a dog was rescued and had a comfy seat in the back of a Boston PD cruiser. After the fire, we commenced our tour of the musem. The staff was so gracious, I can't thank them enough. They even invited us for a Boston Sparks Association meeting/dinner that night but alas, we had to come back to CT for another meeting. My husband really wanted to stay but, unfortunately duty called here at our condo. I will post some pictures of the museum & fire. Hope you like them!

2 comments:

  1. Pictures to come tomorrow-battery in the camera just died! It sure has had it's workout this weekend between NYC & Boston : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa,

    I was Just stopping by to say thanks for the good reads on your blog and for all of your support towards firefighters. I was just wondering if you would be willing to link to a new firefighter site [www.firefighterhow.com] I set up that focuses on helping those interested in becoming firefighters. I think it would be a great resource for your site, and I would be happy to return the favor. Let me know if this is something you might be interested in doing. If not, thank you for your time and keep up the good work (looking forward to the next post)!

    Warm regards,

    -Rich (firefighterhow@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete