Friday, April 22, 2011

Saturday January 22nd

I was officialy done with work on the 21st for two months and I had mixed emotions. I have worked for more than half my life and thought it would be so strange to not for two months. But on the other hand, I knew I would enjoy the time home with my little family. My mom had been staying with us during the week before helping me get the house ready for our little one to come home to. She left on Thursday night and didn't plan to come back until Monday when I was scheduled to be induced.

DH was determined to keep me busy that Saturday with errands and such. I had plans with some friends that night for dinner. I rested up while DH had is hair cut a few towns away. When he was done with that he came and picked me up and we were off and running for the day. We went to the uniform store and the owner looked at me and said "not tonight". Ok, thanks for the heads up. Then off to Dunkin's for a snack and some hot cocoa, Kohls for a birthday present for my sister then Wal-Mart. I was doing good getting in and out of DH's truck. To this day I don't know how I did it! After Wal-Mart it was clear I was getting tired. I had a few hours until I had to get ready for dinner so I rested on the couch with Sammy.

Dinner with my friends was only about a mile away from home at a local Japanese steakhouse. I knew I was in good hands should I go into labor because I was going to be with an EMT (mother of 3), former labor & deliver nurse (also mother of 3) & a paramedic. We all met while working at an OB/GYN office a few years ago so I KNEW I had nothing to worry about. Dinner was great; we had a lot of laughs and great food. Apparently we were taking a little too long at our table and were basically kicked out. Ooookkaaaay! We were't quite ready to call it a night so we went to Applebees. Dessert & drinks were ordered and more laughs of course. After about fourty five minutes, I thought, I am tired and should head home. I got some ribbing from the ladies when I said that. Hey, the pregnant lady is tired, cut me some slack! After another fourty five minutes of goodbye's I got home. DH gave me my shot and we watch the ever popular Jersey Shore on MTV. I had never seen it before but I was hooked after that night. I went to bed around 11:00 and left DH on the couch watching the news. He had been banished to the couch for a while now because there was not enough room in our queen size bed for me, my pregnant belly, the dog and the cat. Sorry Love!

I remember waking up around 2am and snuggling around my cat Hazel. Now, Hazel hardly ever sleeps with me so I did think it was strange but snuggled up around her nontheless. As soon as I turned over to snuggle in, Oh no! I knew instantly what happend. I ran to the bathroom, and hollered to DH, "Wake up! My water just broke!" He came running all sleepy eyed and was like, are you sure you didn't just pee. Yes I'm sure. We called the doctor and reached the service. They said they would call the doctor and if we didn't hear back in a few mintues to call again. We waited and waited, fifteen minutes went by no doctor. So we called back, they paged him again and we did get a call less than five mintues later. I gave him the scoop and he told us to go to the hospital.

DH called my mom who I am sure was sleeping with her cell phone! She said they'd be down as soon as they could. I called my dad who also sounded like he was sleeping with his phone and he said the same thing. My mom called my sister who was just getting in for the night! Ah those were the days! She told her to get some sleep and come up in the morning. We ran around the house packing up a few things, I had my bag all ready but DH didn't. Typical guy. Sammy got walked, reluctantly on his part since it was 3am at that point and about 11 degrees outside, and the cats a full bowl of food. Off to the hospital we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment